Student loan assistance for IMGs

Started by guzman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

guzman

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. Anyone knows if the term loan assistance that many recruiters/health systems use for physicians jobs ads applies to IMGs too? Some IMGs have significant amount of student loan. I understand that the term forgiveness applies only to US citizens who are AMGs but I am a little bit confused with the term assistance that I see in some ads. My student loan from college/medical school outside the US is around 100k and I am wondering whether this is something that I can ask from my future employer to help me with.