student loan consolidation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monimoni

monimoni
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am about to start my first year in med school in a week (early start program), and this semester will be my first time taking out student loans. so with all this talk of needing to consolidate loans before june 30th before the interest rates skyrocket, does that advice only apply to people who ALREADY have student loans taken out? if i accept my loans now, before june 30, could i get the better rate before it goes up? sorry if this is a stupid question; first time borrower here. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

monimoni said:
i am about to start my first year in med school in a week (early start program), and this semester will be my first time taking out student loans. so with all this talk of needing to consolidate loans before june 30th before the interest rates skyrocket, does that advice only apply to people who ALREADY have student loans taken out? if i accept my loans now, before june 30, could i get the better rate before it goes up? sorry if this is a stupid question; first time borrower here. thanks!

Its certainly not a stupid question. Theres a thread about this with all the answers in the financial aid forum. I found it to be very helpful.