New schools & federal loans

Started by Sandman23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Or if there's ever a case that a US MD school can't offer federal loans?
New schools are not eligible for Title IV student loans for at least two years (the last time I checked).
There is a loophole for new schools that are affiliated with pre-existing schools, though.
I remember when Northstate opened, their medical students would have been eligible for federal loans because they had a pre-existing pharmacy school.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New schools are not eligible for Title IV student loans for at least two years (the last time I checked).
Is this a rule for any new school (undergrad, grad, etc)? Or just applicable to med schools? I'm trying to find a credible source for where this is coming from bc I honestly have never heard of it. I'd appreciate if anyone could provide a link