Student loans balance and montly payment?

Started by ancienbon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ancienbon

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are still paying student loans, if you dont mind would you please share your remaining balance and your monthly payment.

Balance abt 98 k
Monthly payment 2000
Graduated 2010 with over 185 k
 
Graduated in 2014
Balance 188k
Payment 1281 (income based repayment plan)
I work for a non profit so after 10 years it will all be forgiven
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2013: $142, 923, only 108k was actually deposited into UFs account
Payment: $1653.78
8/2015: $123,741

I have 3 mortgages: My house, my daycare, and my SL bill +pity+

Ill be done with the second 2 in less than 5 years.
 
Balance 96k

Monthly payment $1387

Graduated 2012 with 190k

Didn't start work/loan payment till April 2013
 
Graduated 2013
Payment $400
Balance $218000

Did two years of forbearance during residency. Doing IBR until I pay off credit cards then will do $2500 10 year repayment plan... 🙁
 
this discussion is missing a couple important things: interest rate and duration of payment.

I have 7 years of loans left (~120k), paying $1600/month, on a 3.25% average interest rate.
 
Graduated 2013
Payment $400
Balance $218000

Did two years of forbearance during residency. Doing IBR until I pay off credit cards then will do $2500 10 year repayment plan... 🙁

ouch! $2500/month will be tough considering most of us only have about 6k of monthly take-home pay. 2nd job and lots of OT?
 
ouch! $2500/month will be tough considering most of us only have about 6k of monthly take-home pay. 2nd job and lots of OT?

Right on the money with $6k a month take home pay. 🙁

My living expenses are ~$2000 a month (rent, utilities, food, etc), so I'm just going to dump what I can into my loans.
 
My balance is around 54K now and i pay $1000 a month

I started with 60ish about a year ago. I think I am going to increase my payments soon though; interest just kills me (and all of us im sure)
 
Mine was about $105k in 2008. Its down to $25k now, but I just pay the minimum. I got the unsub'd loans that were higher interest paid off and the current rate is only like 2.1%, so I'm not in a huge rush. That money can be more useful elsewhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated in 2012 with about 30k in loans, and refinanced the loans with my parents' money, so I pay them the remaining balance at half the interest rate at about 1.6% interest. I have about $8500 left to pay back; I pay roughly $520 per month now, but plan to pay off the entire remaining balance in December.
 
Started repayment in 2011.
Starting loan balance 140k
Current balance 96k
Loan term left 7yrs at 3.25% fixed refi
Payment: 1250