"Student Loans Could Be the Next Housing Bubble"

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Screw ya'll guys I'm going to try to go to Oklahoma and do a surgical residency. You can have fun in your commercial "garbage bin" Jason K. I'm going to do something with my career and upstage some OMDs along the way.

If you are going to practice in the sticks you need to learn the proper use of y'all. You're going to stick out as a city slicker if you keep this up.
 
If you are going to practice in the sticks you need to learn the proper use of y'all. You're going to stick out as a city slicker if you keep this up.

lol true that. Y'all got me. Where you from boy? O you from the city? da hell you doin out here boy?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still goin strong. Finishing up second year at SUNY. Only have $8,500 in loans so far. Jason K, u mad bro?

Am I mad? Why would I be mad, Shnurek(k)? You're the one who has signed on for a degree in a profession that is dying like an old, withered fish that has been left in a black, metal bucket on a sun-drenched porch in the middle of August in Georgia The fish thinks he's in a vast sea of space, able to go anywhere and do anything he wishes, but an outside observer sees that he's in a tiny little bucket, unable to do anything but wait for the inevitable.

By the way, I'm hungry, can you call your mom upstairs and ask her to make me a sandwich? Thanks.

Jason
 
Last edited:
You're the one who has signed on for a degree in a profession that is dying like an old, withered fish that has been left in a black, metal bucket on a sun-drenched porch in the middle of August in Georgia The fish thinks he's in a vast sea of space, able to go anywhere and do anything he wishes, but an outside observer sees that he's in a tiny little bucket, unable to do anything but wait for the inevitable.
Jason

I love that quote Jason K.

And the old, withered fish is in the bucket with 200 other little fish, fighting for a little piece of the bread crumb thrown in, and thinking it has it pretty good......there's water, there's food---it's not that bad. Only someone with the 'big picture' looking at all those fish crowded into a little bucket on their way to someone's dinner table can see that it is not on it's way to a big private pond to live out it's days in luxury.

But you can just see that little fish swimming around in the bucket like Nemo saying, "it's alright guys, we just have to work together........and oh yea, I just LOVE playing around in water".

And then we all collectively watch the look on the fisherman's face (optical manager) when they show up on the hook (at the commercial store) wearing a BIG smile (and blue, happy-face smock) saying, "Here I am. Show me to the exam closet and call me DOC." 😳
 
Last edited:
Any OD making even 50k should be thankful since we all know deep down how fake this entire profession is.
 
Is there a reason why you're still in optometry school?
If Jason K can change his entire career, I would think it's not too late to withdraw.

I don't want to go back to working at seven eleven. At least with an OD degree I can hopefully put together a week's worth schedule by working at 2-3 Walmarts/America's best and make 50k, again hopefully.
 
I don't want to go back to working at seven eleven. At least with an OD degree I can hopefully put together a week's worth schedule by working at 2-3 Walmarts/America's best and make 50k, again hopefully.

I wouldnt even care about the salary. i'd work for free As long as becoming an OD could help me achieve something similar to this:

[YOUTUBE]MYAkRBD9rSw[/YOUTUBE]

And to be continued.
 
haha, it be something along the line of:

"No thanks, I have to refer someone to have an operation tomorrow"