Student Loans Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThePortugesePreMed

Reaction score
I am in a pickle, I am able to defer all my loans whilst in medical school except for one private lender, meaning I will have to pay back this loan while in medical school. Is it acceptable to calculate this in to my daily living expenses when consider taking out loans? Paying out of pocket is not an option neither is deferment.

Members don't see this ad.

Will they let you set up some type of income based repayment plan? If not I would say you’ll have to use a federal loan to pay off the private loan while in school.

Reactions: 1 user
I am in a pickle, I am able to defer all my loans whilst in medical school except for one private lender, meaning I will have to pay back this loan while in medical school. Is it acceptable to calculate this in to my daily living expenses when consider taking out loans? Paying out of pocket is not an option neither is deferment.
Hey, so the best advice I can offer is that you should start the vetting process of finding a Physician specific advisor who can show you signed testimonials from their Dr clients that you can spot check by calling them and ask their opinion on the advisor. Everyone’s relationship with money and individualistic goals are unique so find someone that you start building trust and grow long term with. They will be able to help with a game plan for the loans based on big picture. Best, Noah