Student Loans, Student Loans...Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LatinGuitarrist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys, I have a question. I am still in undergrad, have a year left to go and still undecided what grad path to take, it will be either med school or Ph.D. in Psychology. I have some student loans and they are from diffrent financers ( 3 different). I was supposed to grad this year, but for many reasons I will till next. Some of my payments are to start Jan. 2007 since I was going to grad this year, but since I am not, what do you do? Contact the Financers and tell them your grad date has changed until next year? Also, Since I have a year left of undergrad, is there anyway to consolidate the loans, put all of them into 1 while still in undergrad or do you do this once you graduate? Please illuminate me with your knowledge on these issues. Thanks in Advance.

Sincerely,

Ed

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Guys, I have a question. I am still in undergrad, have a year left to go and still undecided what grad path to take, it will be either med school or Ph.D. in Psychology. I have some student loans and they are from diffrent financers ( 3 different). I was supposed to grad this year, but for many reasons I will till next. Some of my payments are to start Jan. 2007 since I was going to grad this year, but since I am not, what do you do? Contact the Financers and tell them your grad date has changed until next year? Also, Since I have a year left of undergrad, is there anyway to consolidate the loans, put all of them into 1 while still in undergrad or do you do this once you graduate? Please illuminate me with your knowledge on these issues. Thanks in Advance.

Sincerely,

Ed

Can you escape to Chile and go to med school there?? Ive known a few med students in my days who became 'debt runners'.

If you are still going to be in school - you just need to let your lender know. More than likely your school will report this information to your lender, but being proactive can't hurt. If all else fails, there is a In School Deferment form that you can fill out, get authorized by a school official, and send to your lender, in case they can't change your date by phone.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Definately consolidate them if possible. And as far as pushing them back, go to the registrars, have them update your graduation date and then most will have a form to have that information forwarded on to whatever company holds your loan. They will be able to help you out there. Good Luck.