Student reported GPA in VMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jibbery

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a post-bacc student with a rather mediocre undergrad GPA. Under background info where they ask for the student reported GPA would it be wrong to put the GPA I have for my last 45 credits (which is much much better) than for my "primary" school where I got my degree from?

Members don't see this ad.

I would put my last 45 hours in the explanation statement along with what changed your GPA. (More focus, better study habits, change of subjects studied, etc.)

I'm a post-bacc student with a rather mediocre undergrad GPA. Under background info where they ask for the student reported GPA would it be wrong to put the GPA I have for my last 45 credits (which is much much better) than for my "primary" school where I got my degree from?

Yes, it would be wrong. It's not like they base anything off of the student reported GPA, they calculate it from your transcripts so if the GPA's don't mesh it will look like you are trying to be deceitful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, I'm a post-bacc too but in that area I put what my current gpa is as of now. Are you saying that they wanted your undergrad reported gpa instead?

I'm confused......

my understanding is they want the gpa from your primary institution. for a post-bacc that's probably the one you are attending now.

Check the instructions but I'm pretty sure they want your GPA from your entire undergrad studies.

I entered my cumulative GPA, undergrad and grad included.

The instructions state that the student reported GPA should be only that from your primary institution (which is described to be your undergraduate institute where you received your BA/BS)...any additional GPA's (post-bac, other institutions, etc) should be listed under explanation statement.

The instructions state that the student reported GPA should be only that from your primary institution (which is described to be your undergraduate institute where you received your BA/BS)...any additional GPA's (post-bac, other institutions, etc) should be listed under explanation statement.

I have two BS degrees but I listed the one at which I did most of my prerequisites. Should I just put that as the student reported GPA? Because that's much nicer than my cumulative from my other schools (which I know they will still calculate, unfortunately!).

I have two BS degrees but I listed the one at which I did most of my prerequisites. Should I just put that as the student reported GPA? Because that's much nicer than my cumulative from my other schools (which I know they will still calculate, unfortunately!).

Hmm...I'm not sure (I already submitted so can't see the instructions anymore) Best bet would be to call VMCAS and ask :) In any case you can always list all other GPAs under the explanation statement.

I did call and the reply was as I said, only the GPA from the primary institution I listed. That's good news, though I don't know how much it matters!

The lady was also confused like "Two bachelor's degrees? How?" and I was like "Uhh, well, I changed my mind after the first and went back and got a second..." Right..