jd778877

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
To all americans studying in Israel,

How long did it take you to get your student visa once you put in the application?

OP
J

jd778877

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
The information I was trying to get at was how long I will have to part with my passport in order to have the student visa put into it

ijcMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
New York
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
The information I was trying to get at was how long I will have to part with my passport in order to have the student visa put into it
maybe for about a week... it costs around ~300 NIS and lasts for one year... it's cheaper to do it in the states (maybe only around $25), but it's more convenient and easier to have the school do it for you in Israel

OP
J

jd778877

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
does that mean I can just arrive and go to the school on a tourist visa?

wiscobadger

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
your tourist visa is valid for 3 months after entry...and you'll get your student visa within the first month

make sure you have clear pages tho...the visa takes up 2 full pages

does that mean I can just arrive and go to the school on a tourist visa?

chiplambert

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2008
Status
I didn't even know that a tourist visa is required. Was that in the FYI packet? How do you go about getting one?

Candlestick Man

10+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
For those who decided to get the sudent visa while still in the US, did you need the round-trip ticket itenery and bank statement?

Candlestick Man

10+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Darn I am an idiot. To answer my own question you do indeed need a round trip ticket (but don't need a bank statement).

To those who got a tourist visa in Israel - do you need to present a return flight ticket to get the stamp when you get therel?

thanks

wiscobadger

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
stop worrying about visas!...the school takes care of it for you...and everyone coming into israel with a foreign passport gets a stamp...that stamp lets you stay in israel 3 months which is plenty of time since you get your student visas in september