Student Visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jd778877

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all americans studying in Israel,

How long did it take you to get your student visa once you put in the application?

Members don't see this ad.

The information I was trying to get at was how long I will have to part with my passport in order to have the student visa put into it

Members don't see this ad :)
The information I was trying to get at was how long I will have to part with my passport in order to have the student visa put into it

maybe for about a week... it costs around ~300 NIS and lasts for one year... it's cheaper to do it in the states (maybe only around $25), but it's more convenient and easier to have the school do it for you in Israel

does that mean I can just arrive and go to the school on a tourist visa?

your tourist visa is valid for 3 months after entry...and you'll get your student visa within the first month

make sure you have clear pages tho...the visa takes up 2 full pages

does that mean I can just arrive and go to the school on a tourist visa?

I didn't even know that a tourist visa is required. Was that in the FYI packet? How do you go about getting one?

the stamp you get in your passport when you go to most countries is a tourist visa

I didn't even know that a tourist visa is required. Was that in the FYI packet? How do you go about getting one?

For those who decided to get the sudent visa while still in the US, did you need the round-trip ticket itenery and bank statement?

Darn I am an idiot. To answer my own question you do indeed need a round trip ticket (but don't need a bank statement).

To those who got a tourist visa in Israel - do you need to present a return flight ticket to get the stamp when you get therel?

thanks

stop worrying about visas!...the school takes care of it for you...and everyone coming into israel with a foreign passport gets a stamp...that stamp lets you stay in israel 3 months which is plenty of time since you get your student visas in september