• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Students daily schedule

Biofilm preventer

2+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
Would people please share with us your daily schedule form the time you wake up from the time you go to sleep. and please share family situation (Kids, married, live along and have to cook own dinner etc...) and what year in school you are.

I would like to see how much time is allotted for studying, commuting, relaxing, excercising.. etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

bracketbuster68

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2018
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Single here. 7:20AM wakeup, class 8-4. 1 hr lunch at 12. Get home and relax until 5. Cook/eat dinner 5-6. Study 6-12. Rinse, repeat.
I studied a lot and I doubt this is the norm. There were a lot of days where I did nothing/worked out just because it’s hard to study after a block of exams and being in school all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Biofilm preventer

2+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
Single here. 7:20AM wakeup, class 8-4. 1 hr lunch at 12. Get home and relax until 5. Cook/eat dinner 5-6. Study 6-12. Rinse, repeat.
I studied a lot and I doubt this is the norm. There were a lot of days where I did nothing/worked out just because it’s hard to study after a block of exams and being in school all day.
wow u studied all night

Upvote 0
About the Ads

fermi555

2+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2018
  1. Dental Student
I'm a rising D2, not married, and my schedule is pretty much identical to this except I'd throw an hour workout in and I take a lot of study breaks. If you just want to do general and just want to pass however, you can get away with way less studying. I also take every Friday off and even a lot of Saturdays on weeks where there were less tests.

Upvote 0

IdleKoala

Custom title
2+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2017
Florida
  1. Dental Student
So for me, my first semester was pretty similar to the others listed here. However, we did have breaks between classes which I would use for studying so I wouldn't have to stay up late. My second semester though, I started to only attended clinics and mandatory classes. I would use my free time to come home early and study/go to the gym/cook/hang with friends etc. My life got a lot easier when I stopped thinking I had to attend every class.

Upvote 0

Biofilm preventer

2+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm a rising D2, not married, and my schedule is pretty much identical to this except I'd throw an hour workout in and I take a lot of study breaks. If you just want to do general and just want to pass however, you can get away with way less studying. I also take every Friday off and even a lot of Saturdays on weeks where there were less tests.
what time would u try and go to the gym

Upvote 0

Ivy.ch

OMFS Resident
2+ Year Member
May 6, 2018
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Single. Same school you are going to.

4:30 wakeup
4:30-5: emails and messages
5-6: study
6-7: workout, or study more if exam
7-8: shower, dress, pack lunch, walk to school , cram.
8-10: lecture Or exam
D1-D2: 10-5 lecture (12-1 lunch)
D3-D4: 10-5 clinic (1-2 lunch)
5-7: study or lab work or sim lab practice
7-8: eat a disgustingly large dinner, read emails, and relax.
8: sleep

The study slots were optional depending on whether there was an upcoming exam or not. I was gunning for straight A’s. I should also say that since I took the CBSE, I don’t study nearly as much as I did before. Also know that Many of my classmates skipped school to relax or study which frees up their schedules significantly.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.