Students in warsaw veterinary school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kimberly143

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey i'm applying to warsaw veterinary school and i was wondering what books to use to prepare for the entrance exam.
 
Wow - as in Warsaw, Poland? I don't know anything about their vet school. What entrance exam do you take to get in?
 
Hey i'm applying to warsaw veterinary school and i was wondering what books to use to prepare for the entrance exam.

I've been to Poland twice, and while I know nothing about their vet school - I will tell you that it is (Poland) my favorite country in Europe, by far. Keep us informed!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
one of my coworkers graduated from SGGW, and i believe he told me it's a 7 year program straight out of high school....so i guess you would be taking the entrance exam that the high school kids take?

i'm just thinking about all of the crazy words we're learning in school (parasitology at the moment, ugh) and i can't even imagine learning it in another language! 😱 so kudos to you for exploring that route!
 
one of my coworkers graduated from SGGW, and i believe he told me it's a 7 year program straight out of high school....so i guess you would be taking the entrance exam that the high school kids take?

i'm just thinking about all of the crazy words we're learning in school (parasitology at the moment, ugh) and i can't even imagine learning it in another language! 😱 so kudos to you for exploring that route!


Out of curiosity, I googled the program, and it said it's taught exclusively in English, and that its 11 semesters/5.5 years.
Looks like it is right out of high school. I couldn't find any info on the entrance exam though. I wonder if they have an "accelerated" track like the other overseas vet schools do, for US grads?
 
hmm i suppose i could be wrong then...though my friend moved here only 2 1/2 years ago and he graduated in 2005, and i know he didn't know any english when he came here so i'm pretty sure he learned in polish. maybe being taught in english is a new development with the program. he's also in the process of taking the (many!) tests required as a foreign grad, so that's another thing to think about.