Study Abroad and AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two questions about study abroad coursework and AADSAS.

1.) Is it possible to request foreign transcripts before the application cycle? It is my understanding that we need the transcript matching form, which is unavailable until apps open. However, since it can potentially take a long time to get the foreign transcripts, I am hoping there is a way to request them before the cycle opens.

2.) For those of you with study abroad experience, have you found it necessary to get your foreign transcripts verified by a transcript evaluation service?

Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have two questions about study abroad coursework and AADSAS.

1.) Is it possible to request foreign transcripts before the application cycle? It is my understanding that we need the transcript matching form, which is unavailable until apps open. However, since it can potentially take a long time to get the foreign transcripts, I am hoping there is a way to request them before the cycle opens.

2.) For those of you with study abroad experience, have you found it necessary to get your foreign transcripts verified by a transcript evaluation service?

Thank you for your help

1. no. you have to wait until the transcript matching form is available.

2. you have to list everything, even if it is from abroad. i suppose you can get away with it if it isn't listed on the transcript from your original university....but i wouldn't take that chance.

Thank you for your response. For the second question, I was referring to one of the third party transcript evaluation companies (such as World Education Services). Did you ever use one of those?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools require you to use WES unless the study abroad is reflected on your home schools transcript.