Study Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mterres

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone study abroad and come back with terrible grades and are applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone study abroad and come back with terrible grades and are applying this cycle?
Me lol looks like they are not counted in my gpa tho whew!

Did your grades come back as pass or fail? I took all science courses abroad and got all C's and 1F and mine were counted in my GPA calculation cause they appeared as TC's and TF on my transcript. It brought my OGPA from a 3.72 to a 3.41 and my SGPA from a 3.65 to a 3.34 and I'm ****ting bricks now!

Members don't see this ad :)

Are you sure about that? I know my university only counts the grades I received in the courses I took at that university only, and not any transfer ones. The overall GPA that dental schools will be looking at will include those all grades unless they were P/F.

Did your grades come back as pass or fail? I took all science courses abroad and got all C's and 1F and mine were counted in my GPA calculation cause they appeared as TC's and TF on my transcript. It brought my OGPA from a 3.72 to a 3.41 and my SGPA from a 3.65 to a 3.34 and I'm ****ting bricks now!
It did somewhat. If you get C or better, it's considered them as pass and my undergraduate gave me a credit for it. So my undergraduate transcript doesn't show the grades from study abroad...

It did somewhat. If you get C or better, it's considered them as pass and my undergraduate gave me a credit for it. So my undergraduate transcript doesn't show the grades from study abroad...
You have to send grades from every institution so you should have the foreign school send some sort of transcripts to AADSAS

You have to send grades from every institution so you should have the foreign school send some sort of transcripts to AADSAS
I think I am adding more confusion.. don't mind me! - I don't fall into that category btw so didn't have to send them in.

Here are the rules:
If your FULL CREDITS AND GRADES for these courses appear on your undergraduate transcript, then you should list these courses normally with the rest of your undergraduate work. During the transcript review process, you would mark these courses as “Study Abroad.” No additional documentation is necessary. Do NOT report your study abroad school as a foreign institution. Acceptable grades include A-F, Credit, Pass, etc. “TR” for “transfer” is NOT an acceptable grade, nor are credits and grades which do not match those on the rest of your undergrad transcript (i.e. the grades are not U.S. grades). If your courses have grades of TR, or are recorded in foreign grades, please use the second option below.

If your CREDITS AND/OR GRADES for these courses DO NOT APPEAR on your undergraduate transcript, you should report that you attended a foreign institution. You do not need to list your courses under the foreign school, as ADEA AADSAS does not allow foreign coursework to be recorded. DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTATION UNLESS AN EVALUATION IS REQUIRED BY YOUR DENTAL SCHOOL. Please check with your Dental School to determine if they will require a foreign evaluation.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would put it under academic enrichment. I ended up not putting it on mine though.