Study Enjoyment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jccripe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So am I just weird or does anyone else get a sick, morbid sense of enjoyment while studying for hours on class or medical topics?

Members don't see this ad.

Much of the time I do, yes.

So am I just weird or does anyone else get a sick, morbid sense of enjoyment while studying for hours on class or medical topics?

Yea you're pretty weird man. I don't really go out of my way to study "medical topics" for HOURS. Seriously man, I'll have time for that in med school. So yea, you're weird, unless you're already in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
One thing I did notice, after taking my MCATs, is that I felt a sense of accomplishment but at the same time hollow. This lasted for a few days until I got blitzed that weekend to celebrate my senior year and realized exactly why Im in college again. Now that Im taking some really intense classes, some of them in med school, Im starting to find that its all I do, aside from going to the gym. Hell, you know its bad when you look forward to the weekend so you can catch up with studying and find new places to try out and study. Sigh. (theres also a thread in the allo forums about "how you know you're a med student"- I bet that a good amount of the things listed can apply to you guys).

They're pretty much the only reason I can stand school. I get a kick out of learning stuff that's medically relevant. There are pretty much no other subjects that I enjoy, so it wasn't hard to figure out what I wanted to do with my life..