Study Guide suggestion for physics and chem

Od_IT

Salus (PCO) 2013
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was going over the Oat prep from kaplan (thin booklet). I get really stumped on their physics and chemistry problems. It has been 2 and a half years since i have taken either of these subjects. I feel that this study approach of trial and error and then learning afterwards is not quite working for me.

Do you have any suggestions?

I understand after i read the solutions, but it just isn't enough to reinforce it into my head to a point where i can really rely on it when i need it.

I have read on earlier posts that the mcat kaplan book is a good in-depth comprehensive review. Would this suit me since i have forgotten much of the material?

I am deciding if i should order the Oat topscore, for a reasonable $50 which is decently priced.

Any information would be great! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I haven't checked out the kaplan oat thin book, but I believe that in general, the kaplan materials present harder questions than the actual exam. I think their reasoning is that we would be better prepared for the exam studying harder questions. Anyways, I have the fat OAT book from the kaplan course..maybe you could see if anyone is selling a copy? I find the book to be really helpful. They sort of glaze over certain topics, and I would actually look at the examkrackers or AP books that I checked out from the library for a better explanation.. Not trying to say that the book is bad, as this rarely occurs. Check out the post by BYUIdoc about his OAT scores..he has some suggestions on books/materials. Goodluck..