Study Guides...which ones are good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Misake

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post! I dunno if I'm posting in the right section...but I do have a question. I want to take the DAT maybe next year, and I was wondering how I should prepare. I've been looking at the forums and other websites and notice ppl talking about Kaplan and the CD ROM Topscore. Are there any others available out there? Ones that you recommend? Also...it seems that Topscore is quite popular, can I get it through stores that sell CD-ROMs ? Or is it only available through amazon or scholarware? As you can tell I am totally clueless!!!!!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone just take the DAT recently? I'm preparing for DAT and wonder if someone can let me have the topscore pro cd rom. I'm willing to offer compensation.
PM me if interested. thanks.

Originally posted by s.mutans
I tried borrowing my sisters's cd rom for topscore, no go. Only one computer can use it. I bought my own. I don't know how that is going to be. Maybe you could burn it before they use it then you have two copies. Maybe you can split it with someone.
Sorry. I can mail you a used one but that won't help any its expired. I got two copies. Maybe you can hack your way into it. :confused:
Anyway buy it its worth it.

burning the cd won't help since you need the original to install it. The copied disk doesn't load correctly. You need the original to install it then you can used the burned copy.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend just buying the CD it is cheap and no hassle with all their "tricks." Make sure you buy it when you are going to use it, if you just want to keep it for 5 months, that isn't a good idea since it expires.

DesiDentist

For my DAT, I used a couple different books (can't remember which ones frankly) but mainly studied from Kaplan (without taking the class, I studied for only a month). I thought Kaplan was adequate for PAT, G. Chem, and O. Chem. Definitely did NOT cover everything for Biology and Math. However, in my opinion, those are the two broadest subjects, and the testmakers will throw you ANYTHING. Whereas the two Chems - I found you could pretty much predict what was going to be on it. Reading comp....I don't know, I didn't spend any time studying it.

It seemed like everything I studied for Bio was NOT on the test....some crap I had just forgotten, other stuff I swear I'd never had in any class at all. As for the math section, I'm the wrong person to talk about it since I suck so incredibly bad at math...I'm surprised at how high my (lame) math score turned out to be. Pure luck. Take the class if you can.