Study Ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcohen860

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have taken both Princeton and Kaplan MCAT courses with no success. Anybody have any ideas for the next thing I should try??

I have spent a pretty good chunk of change, and I am not looking to spend too much.

Also, I have tried to study on my own, and I have struggled with that as well.

Any advice would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely prepare for this exam on a budget, but before you set a spending limit, you should set up a schedule and decide on what your essentials are. This should include everything released from AAMC. I'd strongly suggest you read through this link for a good overview.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!

I have taken both Princeton and Kaplan MCAT courses with no success. Anybody have any ideas for the next thing I should try??

I have spent a pretty good chunk of change, and I am not looking to spend too much.

Also, I have tried to study on my own, and I have struggled with that as well.

Any advice would be helpful!

Is your issue with content knowledge or applying it to the testing style on the MCAT?

What are your weak areas? How have you been doing in each subsection? Unless if you tell us more no one can really help you. I’ve had friends take courses and they aren’t always helpful. Their materials can be helpful but not the class time itself. Most of the time they jut go over techniques on how to approach passages but you can find these in books and YouTube videos.