Study Material Suggestions for 515+

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just took the MCAT last Saturday and decided to void it because I wasn't happy with my C/P and Bio sections. I felt like CARS and Psych were very straightforward though.
I only studied for 2 months prior my exam just using Kaplan and AAMC resources. So I have decided to retake it in January 2020 aiming for 515+.
Here is my plan for the next 6 months:
1. I will be working ~35hrs/week
2. MCAT studying ~20hrs/week= 500 hrs of studying
3. I have access to Kaplan's resources till October 10th
4. I want to purchase UWorld as well
5. Khan Academy for Psych

Which FL's do you recommend? NS and EK?
Also, when is the new set of AAMC text supposed to come out? Is Uworld + taking FL's every week enough as study materials?

My weakest area is C/P, are there any other resources that are useful regarding that?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have access to a lot of great materials! I noticed you were potentially interested in Next Step exams. Instead of giving my admittedly biased take on them, I want to suggest that you take a look at our free practice bundle, which includes an entire full length exam, so you can see for yourself if our exams fit your study style! There is a link to the practice bundle in my signature. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out!

If it helps, I did six months at maybe 9-12 hours a week max using only AAMC, Khan Academy for questions and Khan Academy, MCAT-Review.Org, Draw it to know it, and Wikipedia for content. Ended with a 521 (131/130/131/129), spent about $450 total, probably coulda gotten a 523 ish if I gave P/S the respect it deserved (didn’t memorize anything, just did concepts).

I lose concentration if I have to sit around studying without moving and it seems like you are really busy like me. So I download audio osmosis and listened to that while driving, working out, cooking, ya know things like that. I think it really helped me score well.