Study materials.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyerschickxox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For everyone who did well.....what did you use? (besides Dr Collins since that seems to be a big thing on here)
I didn't do good on the July 20th PCAT so Im looking to improve my score by a decent amount. I had only used Kaplan and old textbooks to study for the last test but Im retaking in Sept so I want to use additional materials.
Since my test I have bought:
A few small study guides with fast facts on them(bio, general chem, organic chem, and microbiology)
Cliff notes for general chemistry
Calculus for dummies studybook
AP study flashcards for Biology
REA Flashcards
Still have my Kaplan book and textbooks
Already took the 3 Pearson practice tests

I was wondering if anyone used the Mcgraw-Hill study book...I didn't want to buy it without knowing if its even worth it first since Ive already put so much money out as it is.
I have a 3.8gpa and did very well in the pre-req classes that I have taken so far and know the material...the test just really tripped me up.

Thanks a bunch :)

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt take Anatomy. So i used McGraw hill to learnthe material, but its not a good book if you wanna practice bc its really easy

I had that, and dr collins as well, PM me if you'd like to buy it

I had kaplan, cliffs, mc-graw and all that stuff that mentioned. But honestly, the only thing that made a difference was Collins! If you can get it off of someone for cheap, try to. I totally recommend it. And for my verbal, I swear like 15 questions from the actual test were from his verbal. Blew my mind. And it was my highest section.

chemistry in collins is amazing as well.

If you really really really want to boost your score, get it.

Agreed. Of everything, only Dr. Collins and REA are helpful. Use Pearson's practice tests to perfect your timing. And Kaplan's GRE Advanced Verbal will strengthen your V.A. and R.C. performance. I found Barron's, McGraw-Hill, and Cliffs a waste... Kaplan tends to detail unimportant topics.

:thumbup: