Study Plan Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiCaneMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

First off, I just want to thank everyone for all their contributions to this message board. It's been so incredibly helpful. :) I registered today because I start studying for Step I this week and I'm lost on how to do it. I've been out of basic sciences for about a year and needless to say, I have a lot of reviewing/studying to do. I registered for UWorld and took their Self-Assessment Test #1 and bombed it. (Scored a 181 for the 3 digit number - whatever that means) I figured this would happen since I haven't even started studying yet - I just wanted to see where I currently stand. I take the Step at the end of February so I have a good number of weeks (~16) to get ready. So, I've compiled all my resources. They are:

- First Aid
- Kaplan videos and lecture notes
- Doctors in Training videos
- Goljan's Rapid Review and audio
- UWorld

My question is this .. I have the resources but no idea how to structure a study plan. I've read that people have done several "passes" at UWorld. Do most people get through all the questions more than once? Should I read First Aid cover to cover first? then do DIT? Then start UWorld and Kaplan simultaneous?

If you could give me advice on how you'd structure your plan if you had 16 weeks and these resources, I'd be so grateful. I have no idea where to begin or what to do.

Thanks for reading this post. I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Scroll halfway down this forum and find the thread titled "2010 Taus Method".

Lot of people use that as a basic outline for a plan and modify it according to their own strengths and weaknesses.