Study plan for 2.5 wks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sloop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I'm in the situation where I have about 2.5 wks of dedicated study before step 2ck and I'm kind of freaking out that I have no plan. I'm coming off of a very time-intensive rotation right now (shelf this Thursday) and I have not had more than a few hours a week on average to do general UWorld questions for the last 5 weeks or so. Basically I've done everything in UWorld once at this point except I have like 90% OB unused.

If it helps, some more about me:
Step 1 was 250+
Shelf exams were mostly like low-mid 80s to high 80s, high 90s on one rotation (psych), but I got in the low-mid 70s on IM
UWorld is at like 70% correct, done mostly subject wise during rotations. Mostly done timed, but a lot of blocks were done untimed because of the difficulty finding suitable time to do the questions otherwise (being constantly interrupted, etc, while at the hospital). Timed and untimed blocks seem to have been scoring pretty similar though.
I'll probably take my first NBME on Friday, right after my shelf
I bought SU2Step2, but haven't touched it yet. I have no idea if it's going to be any good or how to use it. I'm also not sure if I need more resources.

Am I screwing myself over by not giving myself enough time? I'd like to get this thing done before I start rotations.

Also, if you were in the same situation, how would you schedule a study plan? I'd really appreciate any advice because I'm kind of freaking out right now.

Thanks,
Sloop.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man!

I'm taking about 2.5 weeks too. No real plan right now, but I'm going to do some math and figure out how many blocks of UW I need to do each day to finish it x1. Already done most of it throughout the year. Will probably try to mix in some MTB 2CK, MTB 3, and FA 2CK for things I feel weak on.

Same here guys, except I'm about a month out. Planning on a heavy dose of UW, cursory reads through those texts & for practice tests I'm thinking just UWSA and NBME subject tests as needed for any weak subjects. I think I'm going to stay away from the cumulative NBMEs.