Study schedule for Fall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Hi all,

So after much deliberation, I have decided to delay my MCAT test date from August 19th to January. I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing the TPR live online course but my scores on TPR practice exams have been in the 495-497 range. I know these are not representative of the real thing but I am also trying to maintain my residency in the state where I did my undergrad in order to apply to my number 1 school which is UW. In order to maintain my residency, I need to be living and working in the state that I am applying from in August. With that being said, I will be done with all content review by July 31st and will have from August until mid January for specialized content review and PRACTICE.

This is my realistic schedule so far:
Monday-Thursday: 1-2 hours of practice/review
Friday: 8 hours of practice/review
Saturday: 3-4 hours of practice/review
Sunday: 3-4 hours of practice/review

This would give me roughly 15-20 hours per week of practice and review for 4-5 months. Any suggestions on whether this is enough or changes to the schedule would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

So after much deliberation, I have decided to delay my MCAT test date from August 19th to January. I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing the TPR live online course but my scores on TPR practice exams have been in the 495-497 range. I know these are not representative of the real thing but I am also trying to maintain my residency in the state where I did my undergrad in order to apply to my number 1 school which is UW. In order to maintain my residency, I need to be living and working in the state that I am applying from in August. With that being said, I will be done with all content review by July 31st and will have from August until mid January for specialized content review and PRACTICE.

This is my realistic schedule so far:
Monday-Thursday: 1-2 hours of practice/review
Friday: 8 hours of practice/review
Saturday: 3-4 hours of practice/review
Sunday: 3-4 hours of practice/review

This would give me roughly 15-20 hours per week of practice and review for 4-5 months. Any suggestions on whether this is enough or changes to the schedule would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for the help!

Practice is key!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should take the AAMC Sample Test to see where you really are.

But yes, 15-20 hours a week of study is reasonable. Don't do much more than that, or you'll burn out.

BTW, isn't the quote in your sig by Mark Reid

I think you should take the AAMC Sample Test to see where you really are.

But yes, 15-20 hours a week of study is reasonable. Don't do much more than that, or you'll burn out.

BTW, isn't the quote in your sig by Mark Reid

Thanks for the advice. I will do that once I finish the class. As for the quote, it very well may be! Haha I just saw it somewhere and didn't bother to look up who said it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to bump this again, but should I just focus on AAMC materials for the fall? From what I've read, the SB and FL 1 & 2 are the most important tool to use for practice and then question packs. So should I first go through the question packs to make sure I'm good on content and then go through the SB? I feel like I could get through those two resources fairly efficiently and effectively over 2 months with my schedule so could I then transition to a FL every week or 2 weeks, review the FL throughout the following week, and then review concepts if I need to? I apologize if I sound like I'm just brainstorming to myself but just looking for some guidance!

Yeah, I'd do the question packs before the SB.
I didn't do many FLs so I don't really have insight on how many is best to do/how long to spend reviewing them.