Study schedule with the following resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarthtoneJon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm hoping for some sage advice about how to prepare for step 1.

So far, I've done very well this year (I feel like I'm learning and retaining) but haven't done much dedicated board studying except consult First Aid for quick summaries, and a little work on Firecracker.

Now that I'm on break, I want to get fully organized for the exam. Here are the resources that really work for me, and that I want to stick with:

1) First Aid
2) Firecracker
3) Pathoma
4) A question bank (haven't purchased one yet, but I list it because I know uworld or something is absolutely essential.)

I also have a few supplemental books like BRS anatomy, physiology, and pathology, as well as a Kaplan qbook, all of which I plan to use less often.

So my questions are: (1) given the above 4 primary resources, how can I maximize my study habits? (2) Does anybody know of a good day by day, hour by hour study schedule that matches up closely with these resources? Willing to pay!

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Let me know what you find out, I'm in a very similar boat and was (am) thinking the same thing.
I just bought the FA 2015 and a Usmle secrets for step 1 book as well as pathoma, UWorld, and the BRS series.