Study the day before the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nirvrex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I've been reading this forum for a while, and trying to prepare for the dats. I was wondering how many of the people that got 20's and up studied the day before the test and how many just relaxed?

Oh and one more question, I have crack the pat, and when I get to the paper folding section of it I struggle alot, did anyone find if you struggle on that part that it means you will also struggle on it on the real dat?

Thanks guys,

Dave

just realized i mispoke, i meant to say the hole punching section.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't study the day before the test. Hell no! I relaxed and played some video games and saw my girlfriend.

I think you should do what you normally do for any test. I usually study up until the last minute of the test, and that is what i did for the DAT. If that is normally what you do, do not change your routine!

Members don't see this ad :)
I scored 21/21/21, and I did one full practice test the day before the real exam, but I finished that test at like 6 pm. I them reviewed a few more practice problems that have troubled me in the past. By 9 pm, I relaxed with my wife and made sure that I had a good eight hours of sleep.

My test happened at 10 am, so I had plenty of time to get some coffee and light breakfast.

The test is four hours long. I felt that I needed to be as refreshed and energetic as possible to make it through four hours without fatigue.

Only you can decide what's the best way to spend the day before a four test that will help determine the rest of your life.

I got 20 and up in the sciences...and i studied up till about 15minutes before the exam. Do whatever works for you, just remember every minute counts. Use them.

People who have researched test-taking will tell you that the day before doesn't matter much but the NIGHT before needs to be a typical night that is routine for you. How "focused vs. nervous" you are during the test will make a HUGE difference.

I wouldn't study on the day before. This is kind of a rare test where you spend months preparing for 1 exam, so that last day shouldn't make much difference. Do something relaxing, like go see a movie. The earlier you get in to take the test the better too. If you have a late time you can still show up early and they can possibly slip you in.

Hey Dave,

Firstly, I did not get above a 20, so I may not be qualified to answer this question.

I studied until the last minute, which burned me up and lowered my score by 2 points. But, then, that's just me. Basically don't do anything outta your original routine.

The PAT section on my test was a joke compared to crack the PAT.

I hope this helps!!

I thought studying the day before was not a good idea. I should have done something active looking back now. Some relaxation and stress relieving at the same time. That's me. Good luck!