Study time for NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

july

Members don't see this ad.

I know lots of people that have took the NAPLEX without studying much at all.
With that being said, it's really going to depend on the quality of your education and how much you've retained... as well as how well you do on standardized tests. Some people just don't perform well on these kind of exams because of the pressure or the format or whatever.

As far as the 30 days goes, I don't think that's too late to start studying, you just may have to be a little more intense than if you had started earlier.

I attended the Kaplan review session. I'm studying their book about one day a week, just to keep things fresh in my mind. Once I get my authorization to test, I'll start studying for about 2 weeks before I test. The pharmacists I work with said I should be able to pass it without studying at all. I don't want to take that chance, though. I think 30 days should be more than enough time for you.

Although I agree the NAPLEX is a minimum competency exam, those who have taken it before January of 2004 had a much easier version. I think the NAPLEX has evolved into a highly clinical exam which requires a lot more study time than before.

I am wary about pharmacists who tell me the exam is easy because chances are they had taken it before January 2004 when California's clinical components were not yet integrated.

I got my ATT today. I will have no life for the next week or so.