Study Time?

Nuel

15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2003
Rap Group Home
PreMeddieRick said:
Overall how much time would you say you have REALLY spent studying for the MCAT? I heard that the 36-40s spend like upwards to 300 hours studying for the exam. What do you think? :idea:

I would say 90+ hours. I can't study 200 hours because I am taking 19 credits of science and math classes.

jhk43

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
PreMeddieRick said:
Overall how much time would you say you have REALLY spent studying for the MCAT? I heard that the 36-40s spend like upwards to 300 hours studying for the exam. What do you think? :idea:

2 hours a day for...2.5 months?? plenty of days slacking. 2*100 = 200 max.

i think more important things are to sit down and understand the meaning of the stuffs. i.e., what is force, how can you manipulate it, etc? i think the MCAT is a test of science philosophy and becoming a lot more experiment oriented. :idea: :idea: :idea:

About the Ads

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
In the last month, I was putting in ~30 hours a week. Before that I was only doing 10-15 or so. It depends on your learning style really. There's no set number of hours that you can study and magically end up at a higher score. I know people that put in more than 300 hours and still didn't break thirty. Quality over quantity.

LUBDUBB

Freakaholic
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2002
PreMeddieRick said:

dude everyone has a peak range; once you hit it, I really don't think any amount of studying will help. 38-40 range is within a few questions, so luck will probably come into play.

dantheman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2003
I spent pretty much the whole summer studying. Avg about 20 hrs a week for 12 -14 weeks gives a grand total of more than 250 hours of my life given over as payment to the evil trolls at AAMC those @#$Q F^#%@^ Whew! Sorry I am still a little emotional about the whole thing (sniff sniff).

All the studying seriously paid off though: I went from a 22 on my 1st practice test to a 36 on the real deal.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
jhk43 said:
2 hours a day for...2.5 months?? plenty of days slacking. 2*100 = 200 max.

i think more important things are to sit down and understand the meaning of the stuffs. i.e., what is force, how can you manipulate it, etc? i think the MCAT is a test of science philosophy and becoming a lot more experiment oriented. :idea: :idea: :idea:

JHK43 has got the secret down. Use the force PreMeddieRick, use the force!

nina512

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Used a similar approach as jhk43...

Had been out of school for 2 years and didn't have the green for a Kaplan course...so while working full time, I did about 3hrs x4days/week and one weekly marathon session of 8hrs (usually on the weekend) starting in the middle of Jan. till the April MCAT, which equals about 12weeks x 20hrs = 240

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.