Study Tips for the Visual Learner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTOH5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently struggling this semester with Surface Anatomy, Biomechanics and Neuroscience. Typically would read, type, draw if possible and then write all of the notes from class for it to stick but now all of a sudden it is not working and I have three C's with a grade of 74 resulting in failure. (3 C's in our program results in failing out) Anyone have good study tips or ideas to help have this information retain? I know I am not even halfway through the semester and have time to make it up but it is the hardest semester of the program apparently and my goal is to make it out with hopefully no more than one C, preferably none! Any help/advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I was making my own notes with the important information only (1-3 pages per unit) and making them in kind of a quiz form. Just an example:

"R Triceps innervated by R/L NERVE c7."
So when I see capitalized letters, I would try to find an answer and then check it (the answer follows). Then I would just keep re-reading those kind of "test notes." Repetitions were the key for me.

I was making my own notes with the important information only (1-3 pages per unit) and making them in kind of a quiz form. Just an example:

"R Triceps innervated by R/L NERVE c7."
So when I see capitalized letters, I would try to find an answer and then check it (the answer follows). Then I would just keep re-reading those kind of "test notes." Repetitions were the key for me.

I like that, I tend to get lost in the details so trying to focus on what is baseline then go into important detail of what you think would be on the exam is smart! Thanks for your help :)

Reactions: 1 user