Study Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Studmuffin123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a DS1 and I’ve been in dental school for a good 2 months now. I know there is a learning curve when transitioning from undergrad into dental school, and I seem to be at the bottom of that curve. Our school just took a final in a class that I had been struggling in. I spent around 40-50 hours this past week studying for the final, and came out with a 69 on the test.I didn’t cram for the test, as I had been studying for it since our first lecture on the new material, but I did put in a lot more effort the last few weeks leading up to it. I know the effort is there but I think I may just be studying wrong at this point. Do any of you have any tips on how to succeed and get better grades?
I mainly use Anki/ quizlet and I try to make questions/ answers of any info that I can get my hands on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to use a variety of sources

Reactions: 1 user
Can you post some of your Quizlet/Anki flashcards? we can help in narrowing down info. get a pdf copy of NBDE first aid, and search things through there as well to be able to tell what is important and what is less so