Jan 29, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I’m a DS1 and I’ve been in dental school for a good 2 months now. I know there is a learning curve when transitioning from undergrad into dental school, and I seem to be at the bottom of that curve. Our school just took a final in a class that I had been struggling in. I spent around 40-50 hours this past week studying for the final, and came out with a 69 on the test.I didn’t cram for the test, as I had been studying for it since our first lecture on the new material, but I did put in a lot more effort the last few weeks leading up to it. I know the effort is there but I think I may just be studying wrong at this point. Do any of you have any tips on how to succeed and get better grades?
I mainly use Anki/ quizlet and I try to make questions/ answers of any info that I can get my hands on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About the Ads

PerioDont

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2015
Status
  1. Dental Student
Can you post some of your Quizlet/Anki flashcards? we can help in narrowing down info. get a pdf copy of NBDE first aid, and search things through there as well to be able to tell what is important and what is less so

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads