Study Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Studmuffin123

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a DS1 and I’ve been in dental school for a good 2 months now. I know there is a learning curve when transitioning from undergrad into dental school, and I seem to be at the bottom of that curve. Our school just took a final in a class that I had been struggling in. I spent around 40-50 hours this past week studying for the final, and came out with a 69 on the test.I didn’t cram for the test, as I had been studying for it since our first lecture on the new material, but I did put in a lot more effort the last few weeks leading up to it. I know the effort is there but I think I may just be studying wrong at this point. Do any of you have any tips on how to succeed and get better grades?
I mainly use Anki/ quizlet and I try to make questions/ answers of any info that I can get my hands on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you post some of your Quizlet/Anki flashcards? we can help in narrowing down info. get a pdf copy of NBDE first aid, and search things through there as well to be able to tell what is important and what is less so