Study Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premedtexas

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have good memorization study tips? I tend to study and learn the material I am studying, however after a few months or so I tend to forget the material.
 
Analogies, mnemonics, explaining concepts using logic, simplifying into laymens terms.

Ex: cell is a city, nucleus is city hall, er is usps, golgi is ups.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk
 
Make connections between all the concepts you learn. The more connections you make the easier it will be to pull it out of your brain. Make sure you are learning concepts and not just memorizing factoids. When you are learning formulas don't just memorize the equation. Know how to derive it and derive other things from it. Know how things are related and try to make sense why these things are true.