• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

NDPitch

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Massachusetts
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Funny - I was a bio major. Things were going fine until I hit the chapters on plants and biological diversity in Cliffs. I couldn't care less about what the difference between Euglenoids and Dinoflagellates are, or what the structure of a dicot root is. I now remember why I avoided these topics in college like the plague. I'd much rather study orgo reactions than this stuff!!! :eek:

thyagar3

Jul 6, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Funny - I was a bio major. Things were going fine until I hit the chapters on plants and biological diversity in Cliffs. I couldn't care less about what the difference between Euglenoids and Dinoflagellates are, or what the structure of a dicot root is. I now remember why I avoided these topics in college like the plague. I'd much rather study orgo reactions than this stuff!!! :eek:

DAT Destroyer!!!

About the Ads

antidentite1

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Yeah, that section is tough to study but do your best to get through it. I had a lot of questions about that stuff on my DAT and I am really glad that I pushed through the pain of studying that boring stuff. It will be on your test and you will be glad you pushed through it also. Good luck! :thumbup:

CarpeDium

Feb 26, 2010
Status (Visible)
Barrons AP Biology is an easy read, but yet pretty thorough. I'd recommend that for an overview, destroyer and Kaplan for details.

Davermz450

Feb 8, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
God I hate Plant and animal bio!!! The moment I take the exam I'll forget it all anyways!! I would rather eat Hexapoda then study that stuff!!

NOLAdentist2016

Aug 28, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I went through all the DAT Destroyer biology problems many times. I was also a Cell and Molecular Bio major, and rather than wasting my time trying to learn plant biology, I did the practice questions using whatever I remembered from 8th grade biology and just guessing. Then I went back, studied the answers and learned what they thought was important for me to know. And like I said, I went through all 400 or so problems a few times until I had it down. Worked like a charm. I think I had like a 22 on the bio section. I even saw a few repeats on the actual DAT of verbatim questions from the Destroyer and Kaplan.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.