Studying bio for the DAT is killing me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NDPitch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Funny - I was a bio major. Things were going fine until I hit the chapters on plants and biological diversity in Cliffs. I couldn't care less about what the difference between Euglenoids and Dinoflagellates are, or what the structure of a dicot root is. I now remember why I avoided these topics in college like the plague. I'd much rather study orgo reactions than this stuff!!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Funny - I was a bio major. Things were going fine until I hit the chapters on plants and biological diversity in Cliffs. I couldn't care less about what the difference between Euglenoids and Dinoflagellates are, or what the structure of a dicot root is. I now remember why I avoided these topics in college like the plague. I'd much rather study orgo reactions than this stuff!!! :eek:

DAT Destroyer!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that section is tough to study but do your best to get through it. I had a lot of questions about that stuff on my DAT and I am really glad that I pushed through the pain of studying that boring stuff. It will be on your test and you will be glad you pushed through it also. Good luck! :thumbup:

Barrons AP Biology is an easy read, but yet pretty thorough. I'd recommend that for an overview, destroyer and Kaplan for details.

God I hate Plant and animal bio!!! The moment I take the exam I'll forget it all anyways!! I would rather eat Hexapoda then study that stuff!!

I went through all the DAT Destroyer biology problems many times. I was also a Cell and Molecular Bio major, and rather than wasting my time trying to learn plant biology, I did the practice questions using whatever I remembered from 8th grade biology and just guessing. Then I went back, studied the answers and learned what they thought was important for me to know. And like I said, I went through all 400 or so problems a few times until I had it down. Worked like a charm. I think I had like a 22 on the bio section. I even saw a few repeats on the actual DAT of verbatim questions from the Destroyer and Kaplan.