BS vs BA in Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sirbeast

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a rising Junior and I need to decide whether I want to do a BA or BS in biology soon. My main problem with doing a BS in Biology is that it requires too many Science electives and this might lower my GPA. If I do a BA I can take other easier non science electives and pad my GPA. Would dental schools care that I do a BA instead of a BS? Whats more important for admission to dental school a higher GPA or a BS in Biology?

All help is appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I am a rising Junior and I need to decide whether I want to do a BA or BS in biology soon. My main problem with doing a BS in Biology is that it requires too many Science electives and this might lower my GPA. If I do a BA I can take other easier non science electives and pad my GPA. Would dental schools care that I do a BA instead of a BS? Whats more important for admission to dental school a higher GPA or a BS in Biology?

All help is appreciated! Thanks!
higher gpa...

Reactions: 1 user
GPA matters over type of bachelor’s degree so long as you have a high BCP that includes prerequisites and preferred biomedical science classes.

Mission fit matters, so use your nonscience classes to show your interest in others goes beyond checkbox ECs. Psychology, history, cultural studies, art (sculpture), and other languages not native to your own (ok to learn your heritage language) are recommended (by me).