Studying DAT(2.5weeks left)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanami

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I have been studying DAT with DAT destroyer and cliff notes with feralis.
After solving Destroyer once, I am currently doing bootcamp Test for each section.
The marks have some severe up and down (19 to 23) . QR is 17:(

With ~2weeks left till the exam, I'm planning to finish bootcamp Qs and review them. And when 1.5weeks left, i would re-review destroyer and bootcamp questions again. And at the last week, I will try out some full tests.

The question is that with 2 weeks left, is it better to heavily focus on re-reading the notes such as cliffs/feralis/notes thoroughly from beginning to the end OR!! Better to focus on revewing the questions (and re-reading notes for ONLY the sections I feel like I dont understand)?

Thank you so much for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I would focus more on the things that I am missing or guessing on. I have a spiral notebook filled with all the questions that I miss and why. I also have in there stuff that just need to be memorized. I review daily. The more I see these things, the better I will be able to recall them. The only things not in my book are things that I knew instantly and without a doubt. They have been in my brain for a long time so no need to review them. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
When reviewing my notes I went back over everything because I wanted to make sure I was reinforcing all of it in my memory before the exam - but with 2 weeks left prioritizing more time for the material you're weakest in is not a bad idea if you feel pressed for time. If there are topics you are really solid in and aren't making mistakes on, I would say review those less frequently (but still skim them from time to time) and spend more time on the areas you feel weakest in.

Hello everyone!
After solving Destroyer once, I am currently doing bootcamp Test for each section.

With ~2weeks left till the exam, I'm planning to finish bootcamp Qs and review them. And when 1.5weeks left, i would re-review destroyer and bootcamp questions again. And at the last week, I will try out some full tests.

The question is that with 2 weeks left, is it better to heavily focus on re-reading the notes such as cliffs/feralis/notes thoroughly from beginning to the end OR!! Better to focus on revewing the questions (and re-reading notes for ONLY the sections I feel like I dont understand)?

Hello everyone!

At this point in your studies I would focus on your weak areas. I noticed your QR is a 17 and might need a little more work. A few students have posted very low QR scores lately. A 17 would be ok on the DAT just wouldn't want to dip too much below that. Because your timed test scores are showing varying scores, I assume that is causing you some test anxiety. IMO I would not do timed test the last week leading up to your exam, if you don't like the scores they show it will cause even more anxiety and self doubt, use the last week for review. Remember no timed test is meant to 100 percent predict what you will score on the DAT, you will score higher, lower or the same. Make any weakness a strength, it can be done..

Think 30! and as Pearl E. White stated

" Don't let off the gas pedal now"

If you have any questions you can always message.

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for the awesome advices!
I will try my best till the end with all of your tips. :D
Thank you so much!!:):)