Studying Drugs

Started by Chaajo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chaajo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. ^^ I'm studying pharmacy overseas which means I'm going to have to sit for equivalency test in the US.
Anyway I bought a guide to study from and saw huge lists of drug names and their trademark names and doses. And there are other lists similar to this link: http://m.memorize.com/top-200-drugs-brand-generic---class/rgha88

So my question is how much pharmD students in the US have to memorize drug names and their trademark names, doses, mehanisms, whether they should be crushed, etc? Or do you jut familiarize yourself with them by time?
I know my questions sound too simple as they look but I need to know what examiners focus on the most.
Thanks.