mtruo001

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello, this question is for you lucky people already in med school.

How is the studying enviornment? Do people ever study in a group ("social studying") or is everyone always solo?

Would you say the competition is more fierce in medschool than in undergrad?

How do you meet girls in med school??!!

SitraAchra

Attending Anesthesiologist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
you meet girls the same way you do in undergrad...

by exposing yourself at parties

OP
M

mtruo001

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
SitraAchra said:
you meet girls the same way you do in undergrad...

by exposing yourself at parties
answer my joke and nothing else why dont you

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
Schools vary. This is a good question for your student tour guide & for other students you meet on the interview trail.

Darth Asclepius

Dark Lord of the Sith
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
It also varies a lot within my school. There are some people who love to study in groups and even some who think it's necessary to be successful. I personally can't stand studying in groups because it's not very efficient for me (if we're just going to socialize, might as well put the books down and really relax). About the most I'll do is with one or two other people and even that's not common. If you enjoy studying in groups, try to get the word out early. You could always send an email to the class looking for study groups when classes start.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
mtruo001 said:
Hello, this question is for you lucky people already in med school.

How is the studying enviornment? Do people ever study in a group ("social studying") or is everyone always solo?

Would you say the competition is more fierce in medschool than in undergrad?

How do you meet girls in med school??!!
You do what works. Anatomy dissection is typically done in groups and so your group often will study for the practical together; some people don't like hanging with the cadavers by themselves alone anyhow. As far as classroom stuff --most people try studying in groups at some point, but in most cases people ultimately end up studying alone -- you have too much material to get through, and it's rare you find others who go the exact same pace. You compare notes and ask questions of classmates but usually do the brute force bulk memorization in private. Plus hearing what others know that you don't can sometimes freak you out.