Studying for MCAT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted862527

My major (health-sciences related, medical imaging concentration) only has courses that are 'watered-down' version of the science courses. So, I have taken general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, etc. but they are not as rigorous as the real ones. So, I have to take all of the real nitty-gritty science classes, which I actually am looking forward to because I love science. I have taken Human Anatomy and Physiology but these weren't the 'watered-down versions'.

I have one question: will studying for the MCAT now benefit me? I want to purchase the Kaplan 7-book subject review. In theory, if I was to thoroughly study the 7-book subject review, could I take the MCAT and do very well in it without completing the courses? Don't get me wrong, I definitely will be taking all the required courses. But I am just wondering if I was to completely master that 7-book subject review will I be adequately prepared for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.