Studying for MCAT question

Started by deleted862527
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted862527

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My major (health-sciences related, medical imaging concentration) only has courses that are 'watered-down' version of the science courses. So, I have taken general chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, etc. but they are not as rigorous as the real ones. So, I have to take all of the real nitty-gritty science classes, which I actually am looking forward to because I love science. I have taken Human Anatomy and Physiology but these weren't the 'watered-down versions'.

I have one question: will studying for the MCAT now benefit me? I want to purchase the Kaplan 7-book subject review. In theory, if I was to thoroughly study the 7-book subject review, could I take the MCAT and do very well in it without completing the courses? Don't get me wrong, I definitely will be taking all the required courses. But I am just wondering if I was to completely master that 7-book subject review will I be adequately prepared for the MCAT?