Studying for MCCEE and MCCQE1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drvfedorov

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

There is a lot of information on here regarding studying for the step 1, but not so much for the MCCEE and MCCQE1 (Canadian board exams). I was wondering if any Canadian that has attended or is attending an Australian school can comment on the study material they used, how the UQ material overlaps or any other advice they have on tackling these exams. Is studying for the step 1 enough to also write the MCCEE?

I know a lot of Canadians don't bother with these exams since the USMLE alone is a handful and chances of matching in the states is higher, but I thought I would try anyways.

Thank you,

V

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of information on here regarding studying for the step 1, but not so much for the MCCEE and MCCQE1 (Canadian board exams). I was wondering if any Canadian that has attended or is attending an Australian school can comment on the study material they used, how the UQ material overlaps or any other advice they have on tackling these exams. Is studying for the step 1 enough to also write the MCCEE?

I know a lot of Canadians don't bother with these exams since the USMLE alone is a handful and chances of matching in the states is higher, but I thought I would try anyways.

Thank you,

V
m pretty sure the Australian and Canadian board Exams are similar

By australian board exams you are referring to the AMC?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am curious about how to prepare for MCCQE1 if anyone has tips. As for MCCEE, I'd say Step 2 CK would prepare you better for that exam. I used Canada QBank, which was helpful but overall I felt the exam gave too vague clinical vignettes compared to USMLE, and some of the answer choices were hard to eliminate as some would have two technically correct answers. I didn't come away with a fantastic score but from talking to people who did well and ended up matching, a lot of them studied for CK alongside MCCEE and completed UWORLD prior to doing Canada Qbank. A lot of the same students used Master the Boards, but supplemented information from Toronto Notes, specifically for Obs/Gyne, Pediatrics, and Population health and epidemiology. Hope that helps!

I am curious about how to prepare for MCCQE1 if anyone has tips. As for MCCEE, I'd say Step 2 CK would prepare you better for that exam. I used Canada QBank, which was helpful but overall I felt the exam gave too vague clinical vignettes compared to USMLE, and some of the answer choices were hard to eliminate as some would have two technically correct answers. I didn't come away with a fantastic score but from talking to people who did well and ended up matching, a lot of them studied for CK alongside MCCEE and completed UWORLD prior to doing Canada Qbank. A lot of the same students used Master the Boards, but supplemented information from Toronto Notes, specifically for Obs/Gyne, Pediatrics, and Population health and epidemiology. Hope that helps!
Those people took both the mccee and USMLE? They did Kaplan?