Studying for NBDE while in school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Longcatislong

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

will anyone be studying for and taking their exam during the fall or winter quarters? Did anyone study and take their NBDE while also balancing their classes and clinic during D2 year?

I'm about to do this and I'd like some advice on how you managed your time, etc.
 
NYU has us in clinic the whole summer before NBDE, gives us reduced clinic time, but still has us there. It wasn't so bad studying for it. Honestly, I just used dental decks to go through all of the material once, and then did the Kaplan question bank for about a week before the exam (and read all the explanations obviously). Most of my classmates studied for about 2-4 weeks for the NBDE. We apparently achieved 100% pass rate, according to the email we got last week.

I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you can set aside about 4-5 hours per day to seriously study for about 3 weeks before the exam, you should be alright.