Studying for NBEO boards pt. 1?

Started by velossien1
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

velossien1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! So I'll be taking the NBEO boards part 1 this coming March and I have a few questions.

I'd love to take the KMK course, but I really don't have that kind of money right now, so I was thinking of just buying the textbook. Of course, they're coming out with the 6th edition this September. Any of you think that it would still be worth getting the 5th edition (and supplementing it with class notes and such), or that finding the cash for the KMK course with the new book would be extremely important?

Also, any comments on the KMK course, the Berkeley review book or anything else that you used to study for the boards? I'm sort of just starting to really research all of this.

Thanks so much!
 
Hey guys! So I'll be taking the NBEO boards part 1 this coming March and I have a few questions.

I'd love to take the KMK course, but I really don't have that kind of money right now, so I was thinking of just buying the textbook. Of course, they're coming out with the 6th edition this September. Any of you think that it would still be worth getting the 5th edition (and supplementing it with class notes and such), or that finding the cash for the KMK course with the new book would be extremely important?

Also, any comments on the KMK course, the Berkeley review book or anything else that you used to study for the boards? I'm sort of just starting to really research all of this.

Thanks so much!


You will waste $500. Just study the stuff your profs sent out. Bear in mind most people pass the test and most people who fail it, fail because they get nervous. Pass rate was 72% last year I believe, and I think a large percentage are from a couple schools.

Most of the questions are pretty basic such as finding where the image lies given the position of an object, or what the meibomian glands do and what cataracts are. Don't worry about it too much.