Studying for September 8 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering if I could get some input from some of you experienced MCAT takers.

My situation: I've studied for three weeks now and covered the first half of all the BR science books and also done some practice verbal out of EK 101 verbal as well as TPRH verbal workbook. Now I will have 5.5 more weeks until my test date and in this time I need to finish reviewing the second half of the BR sciences, take the 8 AAMC FL's, and continue verbal practice.

Would you guys say in this time frame it's realistic to shoot for a 33+? I really need a score like that but I am pretty worried that it's unrealistic... but on that note I am a great crammer and I've gotten A's before by waiting until the last week of a quarter to study for finals :D. Still, I am quite concerned that this is not going to be enough time and I'm stressing out quite a bit right now. On the upside I plan on going incognito and studying for 12 hours a day (or close to that) for the next 5.5 weeks.

Any input from you guys will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys I was wondering if I could get some input from some of you experienced MCAT takers.

My situation: I've studied for three weeks now and covered the first half of all the BR science books and also done some practice verbal out of EK 101 verbal as well as TPRH verbal workbook. Now I will have 5.5 more weeks until my test date and in this time I need to finish reviewing the second half of the BR sciences, take the 8 AAMC FL's, and continue verbal practice.

Would you guys say in this time frame it's realistic to shoot for a 33+? I really need a score like that but I am pretty worried that it's unrealistic... but on that note I am a great crammer and I've gotten A's before by waiting until the last week of a quarter to study for finals :D. Still, I am quite concerned that this is not going to be enough time and I'm stressing out quite a bit right now. On the upside I plan on going incognito and studying for 12 hours a day (or close to that) for the next 5.5 weeks.

Any input from you guys will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

First, you can't predict any scores without taking a full length to actually see where you stand. No matter how much you think you know, applying knowledge at a good pace in the practice tests is the key to kind of predict your performance. Second, you can't cram for MCAT; it is no way like any final exam of just one subject. And you can't study 12 hours a day for 5 weeks and not burn out. You won't retain much info even if you don't completely burn out. Since you are using TBR, you should have started a little earlier to give a good month for practice but any ways you should still have time for at least 4 full practice tests at the end. Good luck!