Studying for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olygt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody please give me some advice. I've been studying this big Kaplan book and even spent $1200 on it with the program and everything. I'm almost halfway done with their syllabus and I'm freaking out. I've also purchased the Topscore and DAT achiever. I'm taking the DAT on August 26th, should I just stop doing the kaplan stuff and switch to achiever or topscore? Also, for those of you who got high scores on your DAT's how long did you study and what programs, books, etc. did you study with?

Members don't see this ad.

Start studying ts and achiever!!!
olygt said:
Can anybody please give me some advice. I've been studying this big Kaplan book and even spent $1200 on it with the program and everything. I'm almost halfway done with their syllabus and I'm freaking out. I've also purchased the Topscore and DAT achiever. I'm taking the DAT on August 26th, should I just stop doing the kaplan stuff and switch to achiever or topscore? Also, for those of you who got high scores on your DAT's how long did you study and what programs, books, etc. did you study with?

olygt said:

First of all, I want to know why u r freaking out.
I know that test is coming soon and it gives u tons of pressure but r u trying to say that Kaplan program was really bad for the first halfway?

I don't know about u but I heard that the actual test is harder than Kaplan but easier than achiver and top score.

joonkimdds said:
First of all, I want to know why u r freaking out.
I know that test is coming soon and it gives u tons of pressure but r u trying to say that Kaplan program was really bad for the first halfway?

I don't know about u but I heard that the actual test is harder than Kaplan but easier than achiver and top score.

At this point it probably doesn't matter which program you study from as long as you are sudying topics you are not strong on. I would skip to those first and if you have time go back to the more familiar stuff. Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
With a little more then a week to go do all of the top score/achiever stuff and make sure to time urself, Just to be sure you will be able to do everything within the time limit. After that just go over the sections that you feel least comfortable with and you should be set! Before my test I went through all of my practice tests again and instead of answering all of the questions I was just sure I knew how to set them up (like for gen chem and QR) My DAT was this past monday and I have to say it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. top score and achiever were very good practice! Sounds like you have been studying hard already so you will prob do very well. Just be confident and good luck

olygt said:

Plan your work carefully and work your plan!

Some people use the examkrackers MCAT series to study the DAT. What do you think?

olygt said:
what helped me a lot is review a lot of exam questions. It gets you thinking a lot. So practice all the topscore, acethedat, kaplan problem sets a lot.

I would start to do TS and Achiever ASAP and review each question even the ones you got right.

Im doing TS now and did Kaplan and Im learning a bunch of stuff I didnt know in Kaplan.