studying for usmle as a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

gmcguitar4

So as a student in DO school, the classes are obviously more geared towards COMLEX. So to current MS 1 and MS 2, how do you guys incorporate usmle studying into your already hectic schedule?

Members don't see this ad.

It's not like you're studying two completely different topics. Yeah, the exams are different in terms of how the questions are written and certain topics are more heavily emphasized on one or the other. However, I suggest just studying "medicine" via First Aid + UWorld (and whatever else you like) and then just supplementing with "osteopathic" stuff. I did Combank along with UWorld to get a feel for COMLEX questions.

the classes are geared towards the comlex as far as OMM goes. other than that, I think the comlex and the usmle are largely similar. so studying for one means you are studying for the other and vice versa. from what i understand, most people just study for the usmle and add OMM stuff near the end.

So as a student in DO school, the classes are obviously more geared towards COMLEX. So to current MS 1 and MS 2, how do you guys incorporate usmle studying into your already hectic schedule?

obviously... :rolleyes:

This question is better asked to M3/M4/Residents who recently took USMLE and COMLEX and know their score. M1s/M2s can tell you how they're studying, but they have no idea if it's going to work out for them.