Studying in bed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bahdahboom

MS-4!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help me y’all.

I study in bed all the time. Like for 10 plus hrs most times. I like it, it’s comfortable. I also like studying on big couches and chairs but I have none at home. My mom basically got pissed at me today saying all I do is stay in bed and pretty much making me feel like a lazy slob. Now I’m rethinking my studying habits.

So my question is should I say screw it and do me and lay in bed with my books, or should I make an effort to study more outside my bed. This seems petty I know, but she was pretty upset.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
you do you. If it is working why bother changing it ? For a good portion of people having a little stimulus outside of studying helps stay active and focused (coffee shops, etc) .

Reactions: 2 users
Jealous af. I can't study in bed to save my life. I can't even study at my apartment because I will move from my desk to my bed within minutes and not get anything accomplished.

Do you. Keep laying in bed. Do it for all your classmates who have to drag their a** to school/coffee shop every day in 20 degree weather just to get an average grade while you lay in bed all day and Ace your tests

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my mini desk to study in my bed/ couch. I need my blanket + cushions to prop me up comfy + portable desk that I ordered off Amazon that folds whichever angle I want so I can study without hunching over. I'm a professional comfy learner. You do you.

As long as you are making progress and doing your job, who cares?

Reactions: 3 users
I have my mini desk to study in my bed/ couch. I need my blanket + cushions to prop me up comfy + portable desk that I ordered off Amazon that folds whichever angle I want so I can study without hunching over. I'm a professional comfy learner. You do you.

As long as you are making progress and doing your job, who cares?
send me a link to said comfy desk plz :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
send me a link to said comfy desk plz :oops:

It isn't very big. But it does the job

EDIT: the site doesn't allow me to post any post with a link apparently because I'm too new.

This is what I bought:
Dinger Adjustable Laptop Table Desk, Portable Standing Desk, Notebook Stand Reading Holder for Couch Floor, Bed Tray Table with Foldable Legs (Beige+Gray)

Reactions: 5 users
Jealous af. I can't study in bed to save my life. I can't even study at my apartment because I will move from my desk to my bed within minutes and not get anything accomplished.

Do you. Keep laying in bed. Do it for all your classmates who have to drag their a** to school/coffee shop every day in 20 degree weather just to get an average grade while you lay in bed all day and Ace your tests

This second part resonated with me so hard haha, was too cold yesterday and I didn’t want to make the walk to the lib/pay for parking. So i took the hit and studied from home and probably got about 2hrs of studying done in 6hrs

OP if studying in bed works for you, you do you. You’re not a “lazy slob” you’re acually working your a** off studying all day, don’t let it get to you. Keep doing whats working

Thanks all for the encouragement.

Although this was a silly question, I was wondering if what i do was really that weird.

I guess i should embrace it

Jealous. Every time I've ever attempted to study in bed, I end up passed out within 10 minutes

Reactions: 4 users
I spent so much time in bed during exam crunch time that I ended up with a sore back, lol! I am definitely a comfy-studier. I set up my desk immediately adjacent to my bed, so even when I'm studying 'at my desk' with room to spread out all of my supplies, my feet are up off the ground on my bed and I have my duvet over my entire lap (and I stack pillows in my desk chair)!

dude study wherever the hell you want to study. one time I was at the gym and started doing uworld questions in the squat rack, and was on such a roll that I just sat down and finished a whole block of 40. took more than an hour and I pissed a lot of people off but it was worth it.

I would have yelled at you to get out of my squat rack. (srs)

Reactions: 4 users
It's not a big issue my mom also has the same issue with me. I feel really relax and pay more attention when I study in my bed rather than on my study table. It totally depends on you if laying in bed gives you help in learning more quickly than do that. And show them your results.
:)

Reactions: 1 user
I earned three degrees in bed.

However, for board exams I've always needed to study at a desk. Need something to attach the shackle to.

I earned three degrees in bed.

However, for board exams I've always needed to study at a desk. Need something to attach the shackle to.

Reminds me of the movie Misery with Kathy Bates. That ankle scene with the wooden board was hard to watch as a little kid. Hopefully your studying isn’t that painful. Cheers.