studying ochem for the mcat

Started by shuzee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shuzee

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi guys,
first of all i would like to wish everyone alot of luck for the upcoming MCAT.
I was wondering, how much time is evryone giving to ochem? honestly, after i have learnt that only 20% of the BS section is allocated to it, i have been slacking off tremendously on the prep...where are you guys studying ochem from? i think the EK books are not that great for ochem, i was thinking i should review with kaplan. i would love some feedback on this...keep studying hard evryone!!! 😀
 
I just made sure I knew the basics of O chem so I wouldn't miss any easy ones. As for the more complicated problems I just conceded them as I thought my time would be better spent studying other sections that I was more likely to get correct. I was a year and a half removed from O chem II so I felt it would be too hard to catch up.
 
It's an enigma, but I realized that after studying O Chem, my score in O chem is getting lower. And I noticed if my O Chem score would've at least stayed up, my Bio score would be so much more kick ass. So, I don't know, I think it makes a difference.