Studying Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pietrantonio

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your strategies for success when studying pharmacology. It's not so much the types of receptors and how they work, etc. But, rather it's the actual drugs themselves.

Just looking for tips and suggestions.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I loved the pharmnemonics cards. If you are the type of person that can study this way, and have even a little sense of humor, they are golden.

I'm typically not a fan of brute memorization, but these made things a lot easier. I used them second year, and as a fourth year I still remember the little pictures on the cards.

you can get them on their website, or just search it on amazon.

I loved the pharmnemonics cards. If you are the type of person that can study this way, and have even a little sense of humor, they are golden.

I'm typically not a fan of brute memorization, but these made things a lot easier. I used them second year, and as a fourth year I still remember the little pictures on the cards.

you can get them on their website, or just search it on amazon.
Their also on quizlet: http://quizlet.com/933300/pharmacology-usmle-step-1-flash-cards/
And I uploaded an excel file if you want to use some other venue.

Attachments

• Pharmnemonics.xlsx
    47.1 KB · Views: 173
Members don't see this ad :)
I am a 4th year pharmacy student and always wondered how med students studied pharmacology compared to pharmacy students.