Studying

Nflow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
    I hate studying everyday, well... at least thinking about studying, not studying a enough, why I should or should not be studying, everything about studying. :mad:

erin682

10+ Year Member
    Oct 21, 2004
    Hogwarts
    1. Attending Physician
      the life of a med student ain't it grand. Isn't it ironic that we work so hard to get here and them almost wish we weren't. I finally figured out the amount of studying my anatomy class requires and I'm not so sure I can keep it up!

About the Ads

T-W

First year
      10+ Year Member
      Oct 31, 2004
      Cold place
        The perfect technique... wow, I would give anything to get that one. But honestly, I don't believe there is any perfect way to study. Everyone has her own way to deal with things, and study technique can be very individual.

Anyway, this thread is about how much we hate to study. Once I got sick of anatomy, :mad: so I threw out my anatomy book though the window, luckely it didn't hit anyone :laugh: . The point is, if you are tired at studying, take a break.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
        Lifetime Donor
        15+ Year Member
        Nov 4, 2000
        sodom, south georgia
          JMalley said:
          What online sites do you use basic science info? And how do you find the sites? Does use a pay site or is it all free?

google. you can find pretty much ANYTHING using google. one of the most helpful things you often come across are notes/presentations from different schools on topics you're studying.

Blake

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Jun 21, 2004
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            TheDudeabides said:
            Ya should have thought about that before you went to medschool ***** :laugh:
            No need to insult the guy, but you have a point. You know what you're getting in when you enter med school, or am I the only one who did ? :confused: I just study, and I don't whine about it, although I am eager to get to 3rd year ;)

Discobolus

Dutch-American
            10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            May 31, 2004
            Red State
              You have to learn the fine art of med school cramming. I've been basically 2 day cramming my microbiology tests and my scores have been going up. The key is a good review book coupled with an ability to get into the mind of a professer and figure out what will most likely be testable. Having good rentention doesn't hurt either.

lynx

7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Oct 27, 2003
                supereagles said:
                The question is HOW :confused:
                Well, personally, I'm trying to change my attitude. I talk myslef into how cool and interesting is this chapter in the textbook. I'm trying to think positive thoughts before I start to read. Also, I think about reading the textbook as if I would read a very intersting non-fiction book or a favorite magazine about my favorite character or something like that. I imagine that what I am about to read is what I would read for fun. You know what I mean? Maybe it sounds a bit silly, but - hey - it work's for me! Plus I'm trying to incorporate different ways to study, like searching and getting some information on the internet - it's makes learning process more interactive, hence more productive. Sometimes you can come across very cool games or video about anatomy and basic sciences. Anatomy coloring book also makes it more entertaining. :thumbup:

Jeffy

7+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Mar 29, 2002
                  lynx said:
                  Anatomy coloring book also makes it more entertaining. :thumbup:

I ran across one of these at my Drexel host's apartment. It hit me as such a good idea. I'm damn sure that I'll be filling one of those out while watching cartoons in med school. Sounds like its actually a huge help for visual learners like myself.

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.