Stupid AMCAS mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starvin Marvin

Registered User & Abuser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted AMCAS a while ago and it was verified about a week ago so I'm in the process of doing secondaries. However, I just looked at my completed application to copy/paste some info and I realize that I'd categorized one of my EC's as military work experience when it in fact has nothing to do with military (and this is very obvious to any casual observer). Whoops :oops: . It is such a minor mistake that I always overlooked it. Is there anything I could or should do about this? Could be a potentially embarrassing question if it ever came up in interview...

Members don't see this ad.

If it comes up, just laugh and say "yeah, those pull down menus...oops!" Just laugh it off as a mistake. That's what I would do. I don't think the classifications are all that important, really. They just help adcoms get an idea of the activity from a quick glance, or maybe look at the list and see what kinds of activities you have.

Yeah, I laughed about it when I realized it, so I'll probably do the same in interview. Just makes me wonder how many more dumb@#$ mistakes are on there... Guess that's what I get for rushing through it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starvin Marvin said:
Yeah, I laughed about it when I realized it, so I'll probably do the same in interview. Just makes me wonder how many more dumb@#$ mistakes are on there... Guess that's what I get for rushing through it.

I just realized that I did the same thing. I had checked my application multiple times before submitting. . . but i guess its too late now :(

I think you'll be fine. Just laugh it off as suggested already.

But speaking of stupid AMCAS mistakes, I have one...I neglected to categorize 4 or so courses taken for credit only as pass/fail so when the AMCAS people verified it, they put an X next to those courses and recategorized it. Do you guys think it matters at all? I know it's pretty trivial...just don't like the sight of those Xs.

yeah, I got several X's because I put them down for the wrong year.