Stupid interview clothes question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly, I think navy is the best color. I wore a dark grey because it fit infinitely better than my navy suit, and fit is really more important than color. If you have to choose between two differently fitting suits that are navy and grey, wear whichever fits you the best.

Members don't see this ad.

sparkle_ said:
While guys should be wearing ties and should keep their shirts buttoned all the way up, what about ladies? Because I'm looking at suits right now and was thinking of purchasing a shirt that doesn't even allow the option of buttoning up to the collar (something like this:
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=5038&pid=325585&scid=325585022 )

Should I ditch that shirt and go for a traditional oxford button-up?

Personally I feel women can wear an open collar shirt. The sample you showed looks fine to me. :cool:

radioh3ad said:
like somebody else stated before, go with the best examples out there..

i am personally using deion sanders sense of style as my personal inspiration.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok another question: for us (ok just me) thin guys, is there a specific color that adds to the physique in a positive way? obviously, no pinstripes...

AxlxA said:
Are suits a must? Can it be a shirt(unbuttoned at top and no tie) then a nice sports coat + slacks?

I mean, how profession would a suit be versus a non suit. I work a few doctors and most they'd wear is a shirt w/ slacks and dress shoes. no tie.

Yeah, but this is an INTERVIEW. Most interviews, no matter what they where once on the job, always require the most professional clothing you can get. Even if it is a job like a doctor's office, my friends have worn suits.

So yeah, basically you NEED a suit. The bright side is, that as long as you don't gain or lose too much weight etc, once in med school, you'll be able to use the suit again for residency interviews and functions in med school like conferences etc.

BrettBatchelor said:
Why such the resistance to wearing suits? I enjoy it.

Me too. Not everyday, but I clean up well. It's good to look good! :D

MoosePilot said:
Me too. Not everyday, but I clean up well. It's good to look good! :D

Me three!!!!!!!!! I love when I get a chance to wear my suits anywhere. I love having occassions to dress up and what not, since I don't get a chance to dress up that often.