Stupid mistake on AMCAS. Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moedog45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So on my AMCAS under work and activities, I listed that I made the Dean's List every quarter at my institution. However, I have realized that I didn't make it one year because my school requires that you must take at least three classes for a letter grade, which I did not do. Will this mistake significantly delay my verification or hurt my application? Should I update schools with this new info?

Members don't see this ad.

So on my AMCAS under work and activities, I listed that I made the Dean's List every quarter at my institution. However, I have realized that I didn't make it one year because my school requires that you must take at least three classes for a letter grade, which I did not do. Will this mistake significantly delay my verification or hurt my application? Should I update schools with this new info?

It will not delay verification of your application. A manual update to schools might be advisable, but I personally wouldn't bother. *shrug*

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the suggestion, mauberley. And sorry about the cross-posting; this is my first time on SDN and I hadn't realized I had posted on the school specific thread until it was too late.

Thanks for the suggestion, mauberley. And sorry about the cross-posting; this is my first time on SDN and I hadn't realized I had posted on the school specific thread until it was too late.
No problem. Go back and edit the other post

I agree with mauberley. This isn't really a big deal